Learn the basics of your Silhouette machine and Silhouette Studio software.
In this 3-week workshop, you will go from set-up to first cuts to the creation and production of your own basic designs while completing 9 exercises.
Whether you are a visual learner or an auditory learner, we have you covered. Each week you’ll get a full pdf with step-by-step directions covering fundamental topics of owning a Silhouette machine – PLUS you will get a video demonstrating the same topics. You can print the pdf and work through the steps, turn on the video and listen to the directions as you work through them on your computer or listen to the video as you read the pdf.
Important note about the software version: This class was recorded with the Silhouette Studio Legacy version. If you have updated to the new Silhouette Studio version 3 you may still find this class useful. Many of the features highlighted in this class are still available in the updated software. However, the menu locations may have changed. The instructor still regularly checks the forums and will help in any way possible.
Students enrolling in this class should have access to a Silhouette personal die-cutting machine, Silhouette Studio software and an inkjet printer capable of printing at 8 ½” x 11” size. This class is compatible with the Silhouette Cameo, the Silhouette SD and the Silhouette Portrait. The instructor uses the Silhouette Cameo but techniques can be completed on other Silhouette die-cutting machines.
Jan 27 – Feb 10
This class will cover all the basic functions you need to unlock the creative potential beneath the technology, plus inspire you to take your machine to a new level of use. With the class forum you will also have plenty of opportunity to ask questions and feel confident in what you learn.
Each lesson includes any cutting files you will need to complete the lesson that week or links to where you can download necessary files free. Plus each pdf will be indexed to show where to find information in both the pdf and video. Learn to do more with your Silhouette in less than a month.
You will receive 3 lessons including 3 pdfs, 3 video lessons, 9 project challenges, and free cut files. Plus you will have access to a private class forum and gallery to ask questions, provide support to other students and share the many creations you will be able to make.
In this class you will learn:
- What does this do? - learn the basic physical aspects of your machine, how to change and set the blade, adjust the rollers, load the mat, connect your machine, choose media and how to run a test cut.
- Organize from the start. – learn how to open various file types including SVG, how to save files to your library, tag and organize your cut file library before it becomes too huge to contemplate.
- Basic Cuts – learn how to complete a basic cut, how to multiply and group elements, align, rotate and size designs, and simple ways to alter purchased designs.
- Text Cuts – learn how to create a text element, choose fonts, weld characters, and add text to designs.
- Intermediate Cuts – learn simple print and cut steps, setting registration marks and simple trace and cut techniques.
Lessons will be posted every Monday over the course of 3 weeks. You will get step by step instructions, class assignments and encouragement as you learn the basics to get you started using your Silhouette machine and accompanying software.
Register today for Silhouette Fundamentals with Tami Taylor and unlock the potential of your silhouette machine. In this class, you will build a solid foundation of basic operations of your machine plus tips and tricks to get the most from your Silhouette.
What you will receive:
- 3 pdfs indexed, with step by step directions to walk you through each class topic
- 3 videos, set up to help guide you through the class topics
- instructions for 8 exercises to reinforce the techniques you learned
- a private forum to ask the instructor questions, receive feedback and socialize with other Silhouette users
- a private gallery to share your work, receive feedback and be inspired by other Silhouette users
Tami Taylor is the owner and a teacher at Creative Passion classes. She also writes for the GetItScrapped blog and administers the popular site Masterful Scrapbook Design.