Master design techniques for layering on both clean and richly-packed scrapbook pages. Come away with ideas for using your stash and a stack of layouts you’ll love.this class is for paper and digital scrapbookers
- 6 reasons layers belong on your scrapbook pages
- 2 things every layer must do
- 5 layered foundations for scrapbooking any photo combination
- 4-part formula for mixing patterns
- 3 mix-and-match approaches to making eye-catching focal points
- 7 ways to get “layers with lift”
- 3 hybrid foundations that use stash and dazzle the eye
- 8 perfect placements for embellishments
- 3 recipes for making embellishment clusters with your stash
Whether you like clean and simple scrapbook pages, freestyle collages, clustered groupings with lots of white space or something in between, layering adds interest and creates design unity. Lessons are illustrated with digital and paper pages including work by guest designers Dina Wakley, Doris Sander, and Lisa Dickinson.
Get two free resources as soon as you register:
- Learn Scrapbook Design Principles (in one 100+page pdf with 12 lessons): We’ll be referring to and using solid design principles throughout the class and this is an easy resource.
- Masterful Scrapbook Design “Layering” issue (seminar pdf, 3 video/audio interviews with Lisa Dickinson, Dina Wakley, and Amber Ries), focused lessons and annotated galleries.
Scrapbook Page LayeringRegistration is currently closed. Please join our mailing list to be notified when registration opens.
Email Address (required)
In “Scrapbook Page Layering” learn why to layer, when to layer, and how to layer on your paper and digital scrapbook layouts. Explore layering for backgrounds, foundations, focal points, and embellishments. Understand basic “recipes” for making perfect embellishment clusters every time. Come away with inspiration and new design skills.
Week 1: Layering Foundations
Why layer | Making pages in layers | Creating white space: figure and ground | Layering foundations | Mixing patterns
Week 2: Layering Elements
Making focal points | Layering ideas for photos, titles, and journaling | Liftable layers: texture and dimension | In addition: tags, labels, emphemera, frames
Week 3: Enhanced Canvases and Combination Foundations
Bases | Color | Collaged and pieced canvases | Hybrid foundations | Edge treatments
Week 4: Final Layers
Image, motif, and meaning | Embellishment homes | Making clusters | Repetition and alignment
4 week class includes:
Debbie Hodge is a paper and digital scrapbooker who loves writing about scrapbook design and exploring the processes designers use at her membership site MasterfulScrapbookdesign.com. Join her this winter to learn about, play with, and be inspired by scrapbook page layering.