Advance your art journaling to new levels with this new mixed media techniques series by Michelle Houghton
Learn several mixed media techniques like collage, mosaic, scratch art, and various paint techniques inspired by famous painters.
In this value bundle, you will complete the first three of Michelle Houghton’s Mixed Media workshops. You will learn the art of collage and mosaics, a variety of painting techniques plus the fun of scratch art. Each of these workshops is available individually, but you should buy the bundle so you can save the most.
Register today and expand your mixed media skills.
In this 3-part series, Michelle Houghton shares numerous mixed media techniques that you can use in your art journals, scrapbooks, altered arts and of course your mixed media projects. Michelle will inspire you to try different techniques on backgrounds, tags, and foregrounds. You will play with acrylics, oil pastels, gesso and other mediums to create original works of art that you can display as is, or use in other projects. You will explore works from famous artists to learn a variety of paint techniques and styles that you can incorporate into your art.
Your Class Materials Include:
- 12 lessons posted on Wednesdays during each workshop
- 12 pdfs full of written step by step instructions and color photos illustrating the different techniques
- 12 videos to see all the projects come to life
- private forums to ask questions, shared ideas and receive feedback from your teacher Michelle Houghton
- private gallery to share your work and receive feedback if desired
You will learn multiple techniques and options to explore in a variety of arts while you progress through the lessons of three workshops. If you have been wanting to try mixed media, add new techniques to your mixed media “tool box” or to add new techniques to your scrapbooking – this is the series for you.
This bundle includes:(Click any image to learn more about that individual workshop)
Collage and Mosaic – begins January 8th
- Week 1 – Explore collages in clusters and over objects.
- Week 2 – Creating full backgrounds and full images from collage techniques.
- Week 3 – Discover the difference that mosaics can make when creating entire images or just portions of images.
- Week 4 – Take mosaics larger and learn to fill your space including the entire background.
Paint Techniques – begins February 12th
- Week 1 – Lean about acrylics as you create a Van Gogh inspired work of art.
- Week 2 – This week you will gather your inspiration from Monet as you use acrylics and a pallet knife to create your second work of art.
- Week 3 – Seurat’s pointillism style of painting comes into play this week as you learn a variety of tools to use to create small dots with acrylics and ideas for color combinations to create this week’s masterpiece.
- Week 4 – We will finish off using water colors to create an O-Keeffe inspired painting.
Scratch Art – begins March 19th
- Week 1 – Start by using acrylic paints to create 3 different types of scratch art.
- Week 2 – Build up layers of gesso, paint and oil pastels to create dimension with a fun scratch art technique.
- Week 3 – Learn how to “reveal” the beauty lying beneath using a scratch art technique and small repetitive patterns.
- Week 4 – Add a whole new level of dimension with techniques using modeling paste.
These classes are available individually, but to get the best deal register for the bundle and enjoy three months of mixed media fun.